Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week 4 Comment - Cindy

My comment:
I'm with you about being skeptical when first reading this book.  I surely did not know what to expect and was glad that I ended up pleasantly surprised.  This book definitely came into my life at a point where I'm going through some sort of journey and most, if not all, of the points are being reiterated to me.  I wholeheartedly agree with you that educators and administrators would benefit greatly from this book.  Anyone will honestly, but our field more so to keep us all grounded and not burn out.  I hope you are staying safe in this weather.

Cindy's Post:

Week 4- Reading The Art of Possibility

We must make our activities desirable to others, as desirable as a banana is to a monkey!




I have to say that I absolutely loved this book. At first I was skeptical but the further into the bok I got, the more I enjoyed it!!! This book could be related to all of our lives in one way or another, especially if you are in education.

The authors made a great point about using we instead of I. This is something we all need to learn to do. We are all in it together, good or bad. In order to be successful, collaboration and teamwork is needed.

Enrolling or sparking others is a must. Educators should create a spark in their students. To get anyone to do anything, we must create a desire in them. Make it endearing and intriguing. Our students must be provided with an anticipatory strategy to hook them in. As with any activity, the participants must be reeled in hook line and sinker. They must want to participate.

This is a must read for any educator! I firmly believe that this book will be beneficial for all of those in the world of education from administrators to educators to paraprofessionals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment