Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 3 Comment - Edwin

My Comment -
That's amazing that you had an actual real life opportunity to apply the readings.  It definitely is no coincidence that your laptop crashed around the time as you are reading this section.  Imagine if we weren't even reading this book.  I'm developing some anxiety just thinking about it!!!  Needless to say, just goes to show that this program has managed to teach us marketable skills to improve our careers and life skills to manage our lives!

Edwin's Post -

WK 3- Reading

Photo by benny7am via Flickr
Timing is everything.  That can be said for the week I've had and reading The Art of Possibilityis the perfect timing for me to write this blog.  So I will start with the way things are.
When your computer's hard drive crashes and the program is about technology you have different ways to react.  I could have freaked out and stressed all day and night until I the computer got fixed but I thought about each aspect of school and solutions to each task instead of what I could not accomplish without my laptop that had everything on it.
That's where I think the reading is beneficial to the class and program as it gets me to think outside of the norm and not to take myself that seriously about things I may not be in control over like my hard drive crashing.  The book points to thinking in a spiral that will only lead to one direct or for different solutions.  The way the authors write their examples help to relate the story to the reader. 
The more I get into the book the more I think about a post I read last week from Bruce Kramer in his blog last week.  Since the book offers no tools but your mind and self thinking there are times that you feel a lack of control if you are not in a position to make changes.  With the state of the world it is today we are often worried about how to pay to survive instead of living.  I know this sounds pessimistic or a talking in a downward spiral, but as humans we do have emotions and worries.  All too often it revolves around money.  I start to think about this similar to putting the cart in-front of the horse and then I think about so the horse in now pushing the cart instead of pulling so in the end I answer my own concern about we can stress about all aspects of our life or we can look at each individual problem separate from each other and find solutions piece by piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment