Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 3 Free Post - EEK! We're really almost done!!!

http://www.hrmreport.com/news/workplace-stress/

I am battling a little bit of anxiety as we near the end.  Ok, more so like a lot.  I'm trying very hard to keep it all at bay because we all know anxiety breeds chaos which leads to Murphy's Law being activated in full effect.  But, I can't help it.  Finalizing the CBR has been so nerve wrecking and on top of that, iWeb is not totally being my friend as it should be.  I've heard a few stories of our peers who've lost their entire CBR in the earlier months and have had to do it all over!  Now more than ever, I'm trying to keep the power of positive thinking as my energy and stay calm as I go through these last few steps.  But the stress and anxiety are brewing under the surface, which leads to the extra harsh criticism from my own worst critic, myself.  

http://prprep.wordpress.com/2008/09/23/dont-have-a-cow-managing-your-stress-at-work/

Whether this is normal or not.  I guess it is a rite of passage for anyone nearing the end of a major accomplishment.  When you have something you've dedicated so much time and effort to, when you reach the point where it is almost done, something wicked settles in.  "What if it's not good enough?"  "I should have done it this way, but it's too late to change!"  "No one will care or appreciate this anyway."  And I'm sure many more of these wicked thoughts settle in.  But, I'm working hard to battle those away, to embrace the journey as it was and appreciate the connections and knowledge that was earned.  I'm trying to stay focused on the application of all that knowledge and how it has improved me in this time.  I'm trying to move from seeking validation, into seeking the opportunities and possibilities that this will lead to.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, biting one's laptop cannot be good for one's smile. Everyone approaches the end differently. Being anxious may be more a hold-over from previous experiences. My thought is that you've made it this far, there must be something to your efforts and work or you wouldn't still be here. Really.

    ReplyDelete